Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Promise

Once upon a time... I prayed for an angel. The one who would be my best friend, who would take me for who I am and who would make me a better person. Some one I'll love and will love me in return. And after 24 years of waiting, He game me the Gift. He gave me Chard =)

On my birthday, Chard went to Laguna to pick me up. Our initial plan was just to have a simple dinner sa labas and coffee. pero dahil galing pa siya ng office sa manila at traffic sa SLEX late na siya dumating. So we just grab some bites sa bahay and went off to Manila.

On our way to manila, we dopped by Shell. Nagyaya siya mag coffee nalang.

Chard: Ano gagawin mo kung pinasara ko ang starbucks for a special occassion?
Wee: (Natatawa) "Hindi mo kaya un, for 2 reasons. 1.Wala tayong Budget at 2.Wala kang time".
Chard: Ang yabang mo naman. (natatawa). Malay mo! May nababangit ba ang mag friends mo? malay mo kinausap ko sila calai or ann.
Wee: Ngek! (Nag iisip na hindi talaga pwede un, dahil addik sa work si Ann. Alanganin din bumalik pang SLEX sila calai)


So pinark nya si Archie sa tapat ng 'PARKING AREA' sign. At kinulit nya ako na kailangan ko daw mag blind fold. Hindi ko naman magets kung bakit, pero he insisted. So while wearing the blind fold, pinapakingan ko kung anong ginagawa nya. He took something from the back. Naamoy ko na ung flowers na naklagay sa likod at naririnig ko ung kaluskos ng paper bag. He played something sa radio and it sounded familiar.

What day is it? And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to loseAnd it's you and me and all other people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

One of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on wordsYou've got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here
Chard: Pakingan mo ung song, isipin mo ung first day na nagkita tayo. Yung day na nag kwentuhan tayo na parang matagal na tayong magkakilala. Yung mga happy moments natin together. I feel mo ung love. Now take off your blind fold.

"Happy Birthday Baby!"

He handed me the boquet of roses and the cake from starbucks :D He remembered how I liked giving cakes for birthdays and special occssions but seldom receive one for my own. heheheh. I already saw the flowers so alam ko na. :D Then he told me, "Hanapin mo ung gift ko". HUH?! I have no idea what was he talking about. At dahil nga hindi ko ma gets sinabi nya na nasa loob ng flowers. I looked in and found a card and a box. He normally says 'Will you marry me?' to his messages. Pero when I saw the box, parang naloka ako. I had to ask him more than 4 times kung seryoso siya. At nung nag sink in sa akin, I almost cried. My first answer was 'No! No! No!'. hahahaha. I know in my heart I wanted to marry him. he's the only one for me and i don't know what to do with out him. pero hindi ko sure kung NOW na! Actually, the answer was 'YES' pero hindi ko alam pano ang next move ko. I was scared and happy at the same time. :D We had some coffee and went back to manila. I told him, it's a technically 'YES'. heheheh...

On my birthday, I received a cake, a boquet of flowers and a promise. :)

A promise of love, life and *hopefully a diamond ring* hahahaha


The funny story continued on the 13th of December. Normally, chard stays at home on weekends. That morning, while having our normal breakfast, he officially asked permission from my parents. :) It's not too formal, pero he showed respect to them by having courage to tell them up front. Medjo hindi mapakali ung dad ko. He kept on going to the kitchen or the garage. Pero nun sinabi ko na 'Papa.., payag naaa?' *medjo lambing na maiiyak na tono*. He smiled and said 'Oo na nga e...' I hugged him and almost cried. The first man in my life is finally letting go of my hand. :)

And while most of my closest friends know of this story, i have yet to tell how I have officially said 'YES'. =P At the start of our relationship, I documented everything, I made a journal with entries for the whole year. Yep! whole year, as in everyday meron talaga. heheheh..Dapat ang ibibigay ko ay ung planner that he gave me on my 24th birthday, pero since good and bad yun nandun, I decided na gagawa nlng ako ng scrapbook filled with happy moments. Para whenever he's sad or when our kids grow up, we'd have something to look back. On our anniversary, I gave him the scrapbook.

It took him the whole day to finish the scrapbook and find the last envelop inside with the message that he wanted to hear since Dec 8.

I said YES, I will. THIS IS IT NA! :D

I LOVE YOU BABY!!!!

No comments: